PERSPECTIVE cluesPublished 10:00am Monday, May 19, 2014
Our community is rich with history, art and architecture. The Vicksburg Post has partnered with the Vicksburg Art Association and Vicksburg National Military Park to highlight some of the city’s treasures and encourage our readers to embark on a journey of discovery for themselves.
Each week a clue will be posted in the Monday edition of the paper along with an abstract image of an artifact.
The first correct response with a photo will be revealed in the Post’s Sunday edition along with a brief history of the object or architectural feature.
• Participated in army operations around Vicksburg
• Also participated in the defense of Mobile, Ala
• Commanded the Department of the Gulf
• Was Ambassador to Colombia
• What am I, and where am I located?
Scan the QR code to email your finds to email@example.com, with a picture of you standing by the object. Be sure to include your name and phone number. Participants play for pride — not prize.