Published 9:47 pm Friday, June 19, 2015
In other action the Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen:
• Took under advisement the following bids: Falco Lime of Vicksburg, pebble lime, $175.45 per ton, and Fleet Safety Equipment of Memphis, Tenn., vehicle accessories (line item bid).
The board authorized City Clerk Walter Armstrong to re-advertise for bids for exclusive pouring rights, traffic management supplies, and sand, rock and gravel.
• Rejected a bid of $345,000 from Flagstar Construction Co. of Brandon to remodel the second floor of the terminal building at the Vicksburg Municipal Airport. City Attorney Nancy Thomas said the bid was $100,000 over budget.
• Approved a request from the Y Men’s Club to block off Crawford Street between Cherry Street and Adams Street for an Oktoberfest event Sept. 20.
• Adopted orders granting property tax exemptions for Eaton Electric Holdings (formerly Cooper Lighting) and CAM2 International.
The Eaton exemption is for $791,335.11. CAM2 did not list a requested exemption. The Warren County Board of Supervisors is expected to discuss CAM2’s application Monday.
• Authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to release a deed of trust for Bobbie Deeds.
Deeds is a first-time homebuyer who received a loan under the city homebuyer program to assist with the down payment for a house. The loan has been repaid.
• Approved transferring $3,000 from the city gas plant’s supplies category to its capital fund to buy a utility locator.
• Approved paying $4,128.71 for the city’s share of expensed at the Vicksburg Tallulah Regional Airport.
• Approved the following payments to Vicksburg-Warren 911 for dispatcher salaries and benefits for the following periods: $41,879.21 for April 1 to 15, $46,241.73 for May 1 to 15.
• Accepted a $698.87 check from Travelers Insurance payable to ServePro and the city for cleaning water damage at the city’s Ellis Building.
• Approved paying the following requisitions: $6,368 to Fluid Process and Pumps LLC of Richland for a flap valve repair kit and front check valve outside cover for the sludge pots at the water treatment plant; $94,404.75 to Adapco Inc. of Sanford, Fla., for Scourge for mosquito control; and $31,341.36 to Eastern Aviation Fuels Inc. of New Bern, N.C., for aviation fuel.
• Approved a request for $5,000 in matching funds from Vicksburg Family Development Service Inc. The money is coming from South Ward Alderman Willis Thompson’s discretionary fund.
• Authorized Community Development Director Victor Grey-Lewis to clear the following properties: lot of Cottage Row Drive, 711 Dabney St., 1115 Fayette St., lot on Fourth North Street, 605 Howard St., 399 Hutson St., 1600 Lane St., 609 Locust St., lot on North Poplar St., 2023 Oak St., 125 Stillwater, and 1355 Warrenton Road.
The board granted a 30-day extension to the owner of property at 1215 Bodley, and a 90-day extension to the owner of property at 728 Farmer St.
• Authorized Flaggs to sign an agreement estimated at $56,300 with Belinda Stewart Architects of Eupora for City Hall renovations.
• Authorized Flaggs to sign an annual support agreement and license agreement with Munis Software. Munis makes the city’s accounting software.
• Authorized Flaggs to sign an agreement with Dirt Works of Vicksburg for floodwall joint repairs and to rehabilitate the storm water pump station.
• Approved the bank statements from Trustmark and BancorpSouth.
• Approved the following reports: city sexton, privilege license, mayor and treasurer, tax collection, delinquent tax collection and detailed budget.
• Approved the claims docket.