November 30, 2008
Published 12:00 am Sunday, November 30, 2008
The first B’nai B’rith Literary Association building was constructed at Clay and Walnut streets, in the same location where its ancestor stands today, and burned May 19, 1915. Street car No. 35 is headed east in front of the building, going to Speed’s Addition. A sign in the window of the building advertises Adams Express Company. The BB Club was organized in 1887 and met in the Balfour House until the building was completed. The photo is from the Old Court House Museum collection.
Historic photos taken in and around Vicksburg are featured on Sundays in The Vicksburg Post. Many of the photos are from the J. Mack Moore Collection at the Old Court House Museum. Though not all photos were taken by Mr. Moore, they are part of the collection given to the museum by longtime Vicksburg Post managing editor Charles J. Faulk. Appropriate photos from the public will also be accepted and published. To submit a photo, contact Karen Gamble at 636-4545.