FEBRUARY 8, 2009
Published 12:00 am Sunday, February 8, 2009
With a camera aimed south from the roof of the Old Court House in 1876, the photographer captured the edge of Sky Parlor Hill, on the left. On the hill in the distance, on the left, was the Thomas A. Marshall home; over the edge of the hill was the Porterfield mansion, Shamrock. The photo is from the Old Court House Museum collection.
Historic photos taken in and around Vicksburg are featured on Sundays in The Vicksburg Post. Many of the photos are from the J. Mack Moore Collection at the Old Court House Museum. Though not all photos were taken by Mr. Moore, they are part of the collection given to the museum by longtime Vicksburg Post managing editor Charles J. Faulk. Appropriate photos from the public will also be accepted and published. To submit a photo, contact Karen Gamble at 636-4545.