Blaze destroys home

Published 11:43 am Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vicksburg firefighters battle a blaze at 201 Starlight Drive Wednesday afternoon. The blaze, reported at 4:49, apparently started with a grease fire in the kitchen, said Investigator Leslie Decareaux. A woman who is the daughter of the owner and three or four children were in the home when the fire broke out, but all were able to escape without injury, Decareaux said. The Enchanted Hills home, owned by Willie Griffin, was a total loss, firefighters said. Flames and smoke could be seen for miles around the blaze, which took firefighters about two hours to extinguish.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am