VPD looking for man who was shot in the leg
Published 6:21 pm Friday, June 29, 2018
Vicksburg police are looking for a man who was reportedly shot in the leg Thursday during an argument on Locust Street and ran off before police arrived, Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said.
According to police reports, officers responding to a call about 9:25 p.m. about an aggravated assault on the 600 block of Locust arrived to find the reported victim had fled and no blood at the scene.
Email newsletter signup
Edwards said police later learned the man, who was not identified, had outstanding felony warrants from Vicksburg and possibly Clinton Police.
A search of the area was unsuccessful, and officers asked officials at Merit Health River Region to notify them if someone with a gunshot wound in the leg arrived in the emergency room, but receive no word. No arrests have been made in the case, which remains under investigation.
Police made the following arrests Thursday:
• Charles Ray Wesley, 47, 3700 Washington St., was arrested about 9:03 a.m. in the 600 block of Crawford Street on charge of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
• A warrant was served on Eric Deon Ferguson, 29, 320 Fisher Ferry Road Apt. 192.
• Jordan Adam Stubbs, 27, 118 Worthington St., Rolling Fork, was arrested about 2:27 p.m. at the Interstate 20/Iowa Boulevard exit on a charge of contempt of court.
• Richard Wayne White, 33, 104 Meadowbrook Drive, was arrested about 1:50 p.m. at the Interstate 20/Iowa Boulevard exit on charges of seatbelt violation, no proof of insurance and driving with an expired driver’s license.
• Jacob Carlin Bruce, 19, 480 Bud Martin, was arrested about 4:47 p.m. in the 2100 block of Iowa Boulevard on a charge of second-offense shoplifting.
• Alex Lamar Peacock, 32, 2301 Culkin Road A-1, was arrested about 8:56 p.m. at Clay Street and Old Highway 27 on four counts of contempt of court.
• A warrant was served on Christopher Kyle Barnett, 33, 40 Highway 80.
• Dorneisha Lashall Qualls, 20, 219 Fairways Drive, was arrested about 10:59 p.m. on Great Street on a charge of disorderly conduct.
Police responded to the following calls Wednesday and Thursday:
• 9:03 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of National Street, malicious mischief.
• 12:19 p.m. Thursday, 1200 block Martin Luther King Boulevard, malicious mischief.
• 5:40 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of Lake Hill Drive, malicious mischief.