How They Did: Vicksburg’s college football and NFL players
Published 4:39 pm Monday, September 23, 2019
A weekly recap of the performances of college football and NFL players from Vicksburg-area high schools:
• Southern Miss running back DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) had 84 total yards — 34 rushing and 50 receiving — and caught a 4-yard touchdown pass in a 49-7 loss to No. 2 Alabama. Harris had eight rushing attempts and three receptions.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at left tackle in the loss to Alabama.
Email newsletter signup
• Delta State wide receiver Demarcus Johnson (Port Gibson) caught one pass for 22 yards in a 30-28 win over Florida Tech.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started at right guard in a 28-20 loss to No. 23 California.
• Tulane linebacker Nick Anderson (Vicksburg High) had three tackles, including one sack, in a 38-31 win over Houston.
• Southeast Missouri State defensive lineman Josh Price (St. Aloysius) had two total tackles in a 56-10 rout of West Virginia State.
• Tennessee Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had five tackles and one pass defense in a 20-7 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.