Homeowner injured foiling attempted break in
Published 7:53 pm Monday, October 21, 2019
A Vicksburg man was injured Sunday when he foiled two men attempting to break into his home in the 200 block of Northview Drive.
According to Vicksburg police reports, the incident occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday. The man said he confronted the pair and one hit him on the shoulder with an object before they ran off. He went to Merit Health River Region, where he was treated and released.
In other cases:
• A man told police Sunday he was traveling eastbound on Interstate 20 near the U.S. 61 North exit about 11:20 p.m. when someone in another car shot at him, breaking his car’s rear window.
According to police reports, the man said he passed a dark-colored car on I-20, and after he did, someone in the other car fired a shot at his car. He pulled off I-20 and stopped at a convenience store on U.S. 61 North to call police. He was not injured.
• Shots were reported fired about 5:24 p.m. Sunday in the area of Patton Street. Officers responding found no evidence that shots were fired.
• A 9mm handgun was reported taken about 4:37 p.m. Sunday from a 2005 Toyota Camry parked in the 1600 block of Cherry Street.
• Shots were reported fired about 4:53 a.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Mulvihill Street. Officers responding found no evidence of shots fired.
• Shots were reported fired about 9:15 p.m. Sunday in the area of South and First North streets. Officers responding found no evidence shots were fired.
• A counterfeit $10 bill was reported passed about 3:54 p.m. Saturday at Lady Luck Casino, 1380 Warrenton Road.
• Two Lenovo Think Pads valued at $500 each were reported taken about 7:36 a.m. from a 2006 Lexus.
• A Yazoo city man was charged with third-offense DUI after his arrest about 12:34 a.m. Saturday during a traffic stop at Washington and Jackson streets.
Charles Howery, 57, 1133 Sylvan Cove, Yazoo City, was arrested after a deputy on patrol saw his car weaving in the road. He was being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bond.
• A counterfeit $10 bill was reported passed about 6:08 p.m. Friday at Riverwalk Casino, 1046 Warrenton Road.
• A 2013 Chevrolet 2600 pickup was reported taken from Cannon Toyota North Frontage Road.