6 sentenced in Warren circuit court
Published 12:00 am Saturday, September 24, 2011
In Warren County Circuit Court for the week ending Friday:
• Thomas Joseph Gerhold, 26, 139 Meadowbrook Drive, after being found guilty by a jury Sept. 8 of molesting a child under the age of 14, was sentenced by Circuit Judge M. James Chaney to eight years in prison followed by five years of probation, plus a $2,000 fine and $322.50 in court costs. Gerhold, who was arrested Nov. 1, will be required to register as a sex offender.
• Vickie Louise McCray, 43, 2418 Halls Ferry Road, pleaded guilty to credit card fraud and was sentenced by Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick to five days in jail followed by three years of probation, plus a $1,000 fine, $433.36 in restitution and $322.50 in costs. McCray was arrested Nov. 9.
• Willie H. Rose, 20, 2234 Grove St., Apt. B, was found guilty of violating probation and sentenced by Chaney to the Hinds County Restitution Center to pay $2,372.50 in fines, fees and restitution, then two years in the Mississippi Department of Corrections Intensive Supervision Program (house arrest) followed by up to two years of probation. Rose was indicted by the grand jury in May 2009 for two counts of business burglary.
• Floyd Edward Sanders, 49, 313 Blake Drive, pleaded guilty to DUI third offense and was sentenced by Chaney to three years in prison, to include the MDOC extended alcohol and drug treatment program, followed by five years of probation, plus a $2,000 fine, $4,500 in restitution and $322.50 in costs. Sanders was arrested Sept. 5.
• Benard Smith, 18, 3011 1/2 Green St., pleaded guilty to robbery and was sentenced by Patrick to 12 years in prison followed by three years of probation, plus a $2,000 fine and $322.50 in costs. Smith was arrested Sept. 21, 2009.
• Davionte Anton Wince, 18, 320 Fisher Ferry Road, Apt. 44, pleaded guilty to robbery and aggravated assault and was sentenced by Chaney to five years in prison followed by five years of probation, plus a $2,000 fine, $639.45 in restitution and $322.50 in costs. Wince was arrested Dec. 4.