Published 11:00 am Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fisher Ferry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tommy Stewart holds an oxygen mask to the nose of a cat at the scene of a house fire at 2300 Glass Road, owned by Thomas and Janell Osborn, Tuesday. According to Stewart, an electrical outlet started the fire, which was contained to the living room. Tigger, the cat, was rescued from the smoke filled house and received oxygen at the scene. The call time for the fire is 2 p.m.. According to Georgia Lynn, director of the Warren County Humane Society, Tigger is being treated for heavy smoke inhalation and is being held at the Warren County Humane Society.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month