How They Did
Published 10:30 am Monday, November 10, 2014
A look at how players from Vicksburg-area high schools did in college football games played over the wekened
• Kentucky safety A.J. Stamps (Vicksburg High) had six solo tackles in a 63-31 loss to Georgia.
• Mississippi State punter Devon Bell (Warren Central) punted three times for an average of 43.7 yards in the top-ranked Bulldogs’ 45-16 win over UT Martin. Bell had a long of 51 yards and had one punt downed inside the 20.
Email newsletter signup
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Talbot Buys (Porters Chapel Academy) saw playing time in a 48-0 win over Presbyterian.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Norman Price (Vicksburg High) started at right tackle and was credited with one solo tackle in the Golden Eagles’ 63-17 loss to Marshall.
• Faulkner University linebacker Mitchell Hoskins (Port Gibson) had six solo tackles, five assists, one pass breakup and one sack in a 30-21 loss to Campbellsville (Ky.).
• Louisiana Tech cornerback Adairius Barnes (Port Gibson) had three solo tackles and one assist in a 40-24 win over UAB.
• Delta Sate linebacker Ledarion Robinson (Hinds AHS) had five solo tackles, one assist, two tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry in a 73-6 rout of Concordia (Ala.).
• Mississippi College running back Darius Youngblood (Vicksburg High) caught one pass for 6 yards in a 41-28 loss to West Alabama.
• Albany State offensive lineman Danny Bunch (Warren Central) started at left tackle in the Golden Rams’ 32-21 win over Fort Valley State.