I don’t know about you, but I was feeling 22
Published 9:43 am Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Saturday was my 23rd birthday, and in honor of making it to see another year, I thought I would reflect on 22 highlights from my 22nd year of life.
1. I moved to a new state and said goodbye to my home state, Louisiana.
2. I went skydiving in Memphis.
Email newsletter signup
3. I got engaged to my college sweetheart and the love of my life, Allison East.
4. I started graduate school at the University of Mississippi, Hotty Toddy!
5. I spent another incredible summer at Warner-Tully YMCA Camp with my awesome co-counselor, Patrick Coccaro.
6. I became financially independent, well mostly.
7. I developed a deep respect for HGTV.
8. I made a lot of new Mississippi friends who I’ll never, ever forget.
9. I experienced The Grove, and it was every bit as great as I thought it would be.
10. Allison got a job she really likes at the Vicksburg YMCA, which led to a lot of other things on this list.
11. I spent plenty of hot summer nights out on the lake.
12. I really wanted to write for The Oxford Eagle, and I got the job.
13. I really wanted to write for The Vicksburg Post, and I got the job.
14. I brought in 2015 with some of my favorite people in one of my favorite cities, New Orleans.
15. I learned what it means to be Afton Strong.
16. Ole Miss beat Alabama and Mississippi State, and we were ranked No. 3 for a little bit.
17. I discovered a hidden passion for bingo.
18. I learned a lot about the Mississippi River, and I have a new appreciation for it and its people.
19. I continued my tradition of taking my little cousins Black Friday shopping, allowing me to stay “cool” for at least another year.
20. I finished the first year of my master’s degree in journalism on the Chancellor’s Honor Roll, a 4.0 GPA.
21. The beach — need I say more?
22. I moved to Vicksburg, which was one of the best decisions I’ve made to date.