Grand jury indicts man in girlfriend’s death
A Vicksburg man accused of killing his 62-year-old girlfriend during an argument at her home on Roseland Drive was indicted for murder by a July Warren County grand jury.
Dexter Smith, 27, 119 Roseland Drive, is accused in the May 23 death of Mary Etta Warren, who died from blunt force trauma to the head that occurred during an argument between the couple.
She was found dead by fire department paramedics responding to a 12:15 p.m. E911 medical call at her home. The medics immediately notified police.
In another case handled by the grand jury, Christopher Brown, 26, 1085 Oak Ridge Road, and Christopher Livingston, 24, 217 Sweet Gun Lane, were indicted on charges of attempted murder and armed car jacking in the March 5 shooting of a man.
The pair are accused of attempting to kill the man and stealing his car. The men, who had escaped from a work detail while assigned to the Mississippi Department of Corrections’ Hinds County Restitution Center, are accused of shooting Brown and taking his car, and leaving him at the entrance to Blackburn Motors on North Frontage Road.
He was found by a Vicksburg police officer on patrol.
Other indictments handed down by the grand jury included:
• Isabella Nicole Brown, 18, 3250 Grange Hall Road, and Billy Westbrook, 1848 Mississippi 3, Redwood: Armed carjacking, kidnapping and armed robbery involving an April 8 incident in which they took a man’s car, took him hostage and robbed him. The man escaped and called police, and the couple were arrested in George County.
• Tyrone Carter Jr., 37, 4303 Tanglewood Drive: sex offender — failure to notify address change.
• Danny Eugene Wolfe, 64, 581 Stenson Road: sex offender — failure to notify of address change. The grand jury determined Wolfe to be a habitual offender.
• Joshua Henry Phelps, 29, 80 DeSoto Road, Wiggins: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, possession of a stolen firearm and larceny — motor vehicle.
• Jarrod Gerald Lee, 30, 1710 Bodley St.: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and possession of a stolen firearm. Lee was designated a habitual offender by the grand jury.
• Jason Jobe, 29, 1790 Fisher Ferry Road Apt. E-31: manufacture of a controlled substance, possession of a stolen firearm and receiving stolen property.
• Morgan Lane Peeples, 35, 1890 Old Highway 27: child abuse.
• Akerius Bell Jones, 28, 40 Prentiss Davis: two counts aggravated assault — domestic violence.
• Frederick Eugene Ross, 33, 1675 Ross Road: statutory rape.
• Kevin Hasty, 24, 100 Michael Lane: burglary of a church, burglary of dwelling.
• Alvin Ray Logan, 45, 4908 Halls Ferry Road: third-offense domestic violence.
• Conan Terrill Gordon, 21, 149 Elizabeth Circle, and Quayshawn Dontrealle Sias, 23, 149 Elizabeth Circle: drive-by shooting.
• Tommy Holt, 23, 1528 Sky Farm Avenue, and Jamarcus Dontae Trisby, no age or address available: armed robbery.
• Anthony James Lewis, 25, 514 Oakwood Drive: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
• Marcus Deshawn Wilson, 26, 1300 Harrison St., possession of a controlled substance, receiving stolen property.
• Quintin Smith, 28, 3725 Parkview St.: fleeing or eluding a law enforcement officer.
• Damion Lamone Carroll, 21, 704 Maurice St.: sale of a controlled substance.
• Kenneth Ross Jr., 30, 708 Jackson St.: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, aggravated assault.
• Percy James Smith, 54, 714 Cherry St.: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
• Oscar Maurice Bunch, 30, 2234 Grove St.: sale of a controlled substance.
• Joshua Andre Dates, 28, 216 Hillside Drive: possession of a controlled substance.
• Amanda Leigh Mullen, no age given, 528 Douglas Road, and Matthew Dewayne Pettway, no age given, 528 Douglas Road: credit card fraud.
• Aimee Barnett, 38, 319 Enchanted Drive, and Benjamin Hugley, 33, 2200 Mount Alban Road: sale of a controlled substance.
• Victoria Mullen, 23, 1301 Chambers St.: possession of a controlled substance.
• John Ross, no age given, 50 Stillwater Drive: sale of a controlled substance.
• Scotty Ray Weeks, no age given, 4407 Halls Ferry: sale of a controlled substance.
• Curtis Ross Jr., 20, 1731 Oak Ridge Road: possession of a controlled substance.