Police arrest larceny suspect
Published 8:06 am Tuesday, June 27, 2017
A Warren County woman faces a charge of grand larceny after her arrest Sunday, Vicksburg police Capt. Sandra Williams said.
Martha Wooten, 60, was arrested at her home on Baytown Road about 2 p.m. by police investigator Houng Ngyuen and Warren County sheriff’s deputies. She is accused of the Feb.10 theft a purse from a shopping cart at the County Market.
Wooten was identified through a tip from Crimestoppers after photos from the store’s video surveillance camera were published.
Email newsletter signup
In other cases:
• Police Sunday arrested DeMichael Jones, 24, about 9:30 a.m.in the 1300 block of South Street on a warrant from the Madison Parish Sheriff’s Office charging him with malicious mischief.
• Three auto burglaries were reported about 4:40 a.m. Friday involving cars parked at the Vicksburg Convalescent Center, 1708 Cherry St.: an undetermined amount of change was reported stolen from 1996 Chevrolet pickup; a 1990 Audi and a 2014 Volkswagen were broken into and ransacked, but nothing reported taken.
• A wallet and .45-caliber ammunition were reported stolen about 4:45 a.m. Friday from a 2007 Mercedes Benz.
• A Troy-bilt lawn mower, an amplifier and a guitar were reported stolen about 9:50 a.m. from home in the1800 block of MacArthur Place.
• A 50-inch Vizio flat screen valued at $400, 60-inch Vizio valued at $800 and clothing and shoes valued $1,200 were reported stolen from a storage shed in the 4200 block of Halls Ferry Road.
• Two 32-inch Vizio TVs valued at $400 each, a 65-inch Samsung TV valued at $850, an Acer tablet valued at $100 and an Xbox 250 were reported stolen about 2:45 a.m. from an apartment at the Madison Glen Apartments,1950 Hope St.