No one injured in drive-by shooting
Published 10:58 pm Friday, August 25, 2017
No one was wounded in in a drive-by shooting early Friday morning in the 1400 block of Grove St., Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Williams said.
The shooting occurred about 6:19 a.m. Friday, when a car drove by the home where three people were staying and someone fired 14 to 20 shots at the building.
The shooting remains under investigation.
In other cases:
• A single-shot rifle, Toshiba laptop computer, 24-inch Samsung flat screen TV and a “Zelda: Breath of the Wild” collector’s edition video game were reported stolen about 12:59 p.m. Thursday from a travel trailer in the 100 block of Enchanted Drive.
• A 65-inch TV, 50-inch TV and an 8,000 BTU Frigidaire air conditioner were reported stolen about 7:52 a.m. from a home in the 100 block of Red Hawk Road.
• A Vicksburg woman faces credit card charges after her arrest Thursday.
Destiny King was arrested about noon after she turned herself in at the Vicksburg Police Department. She is accused of stealing a credit card and using it to withdraw $400 from a bank account. She was released on $2,500 bond.
• A traffic stop for running a stop sign at the intersection of Mission 66 and Martin Luther King Boulevard resulted in the arrest of one person on drug charges and another for having a stolen firearm.
Kawjuan Jones, 21, faces charges of possession of marijuana and crack cocaine in connection with the stop. Cory Hicks, a passenger in the car, is accused of possession of a stolen firearm.
Jones was released on $10,000 bond. Hicks was released on $5,000 bond.
• A Vicksburg man faces theft charges after his arrest Thursday about 11 p.m. in the 1000 block of First North Street.
Quinderion Mixon, 19, is accused of possession of a stolen vehicle after a car tag check revealed the car had been reported stolen from Jackson. He remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.