Satellite donation sites for flood victims now available
Published 11:01 pm Friday, September 1, 2017
Organizers for a relief effort to aid Texas residents affected by Hurricane Harvey have released a list of drop off sites for supplies and donations for the relief effort.
The list was developed after a citywide meeting of community and church groups Thursday at the United Way of West Central Mississippi office. The Randy Naylor Sr. Foundation and the United Way are coordinating the effort.
Email newsletter signup
“I would like to thank everyone for attending our communitywide meeting,” United Way executive director Michele Connelly said. “I must say that I am always amazed by the generosity of our community. I truly believe that our community is blessed beyond words with individuals who are passionate about doing God’s work.”
According to information from the meeting, Vicksburg Mall space formerly occupied by Play Land, which is located by Belk, will serve as the main distribution site and be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Other drop off sites include:
• Greater Grove Baptist Church on Alcorn Street, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Calvary M.B. Church, Klein Street, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Crossway Church, U.S. 61 South, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p-.m.
• Bethel AME Church, Monroe Street, every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Vicksburg Main Street Program, City Hall Annex, Walnut Street.
• Mutual Credit Union, Cherry Street, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Warren Central High School, Mississippi 27, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Walnut Hills, Adams Street, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
• Vicksburg-Warren County Chamber of Commerce, Mission 66, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Vicksburg YMCA, YMCA Place off East Clay Street, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
• Gospel Temple M.B.Church, Lane Street, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Kindred at Home, Sherman Avenue, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Knights of Columbus, Fisher Ferry Road, by appointment.
Cash or donations by check can be made payable to the United Way, or can be donated on line buy going to www.unitedwayvicksburg.org/houston