How They Did
Published 8:00 am Monday, September 4, 2017
A recap of how college football players from Vicksburg-area high schools performed over the weekend:
• Delta State defensive back Devontae Wilson (Warren Central) returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown in a 34-16 win over Tarleton State. Wilson also had one solo tackle.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) made his first college start at left tackle in a 24-17 loss to Kentucky.
• Alcorn State wide receiver Tavares Johnson, Jr. (Vicksburg) caught one pass for minus-3 yards in a 50-21 win over Miles College.
• Belhaven offensive lineman Steve Cooper (Vicksburg High) started at left guard in a 42-37 win over Millsaps. Belhaven linebacker Denarrius Noel (Hinds AHS) had a team-high 14 tackles.
• Cornell (Iowa) running back Patrick Brown (Vicksburg) caught four passes for 84 yards, including a 30-yard touchdown, in a 62-25 win over Iowa Wesleyan.
• Grambling linebacker DeArius Christmas (Warren Central) had five total tackles in a 43-14 loss to Tulane.