How They Did
Published 7:05 am Monday, October 2, 2017
The weekly recap of how players from Vicksburg-area high schools did in college football and NFL games over the weekend:
• Grambling linebacker De’Arius Christmas (Warren Central) had 14 total tackles, including four for loss and one sack, in a 31-20 win over Clark Atlanta.
• Alcorn State receiver Tavares Johnson Jr. (Vicksburg High) caught two passes for 17 yards in a 24-17 win over Texas Southern.
Email newsletter signup
• Central Arkansas safety Michael Ware (Warren Central) had three total tackles and one pass breakup in a 41-30 victory against Sam Houston State, the No. 3-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision.
• Delta State cornerback Devontae Wilson (Warren Central) had one tackle in a 30-17 win over Mississippi College.
• Cornell College (Iowa) running back Patrick Brown (Vicksburg High) caught two passes for 24 yards in a 55-10 loss to the University of Chicago. He also returned two kickoffs for 34 yards.
• Belhaven linebacker Denarrius Noel (Hinds AHS) had six total tackles in a 45-37 loss to Howard Payne. Steve Cooper (Vicksburg High) started at left guard for Belhaven.
• New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had a team-high eight tackles and one interception in a 33-30 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.