How They Did
A weekly recap of how players from Vicksburg-area high schools did in college football and NFL games:
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at left tackle in a 30-12 loss to UAB.
• Delta State cornerback Devontae Wilson (Warren Central) assisted on one tackle in a 20-7 loss to North Alabama.
• Belhaven offensive lineman Steve Cooper (Vicksburg High) started at left guard and helped the Blazers pile up 681 yards of offense in a 63-46 win over Louisiana College.
• Central Arkansas safety Michael Ware (Warren Central) assisted on six tackles in a 47-17 win over McNeese State.
• Grambling linebacker DeArius Christmas had six total tackles, including 1 ½ for loss and one-half sack, one pass breakup and one quarterback hurry in a 50-24 win over Texas Southern.
• Cornell College (Iowa) running back Patrick Brown (Vicksburg High) caught five passes for 56 yards in a 52-51 overtime victory against Knox College. Brown also assisted on one tackle.
• New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had one solo tackle and one assist in a 21-13 win over the Los Angeles Chargers.