Man in critical condition after assault
Two Vicksburg men are charged with aggravated assault in an attack Saturday that left another man in critical condition with serious injuries at University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said officers responding to a 911 call about an assault at a home in the 1500 block of East Avenue about 7:17 p.m. found Corey Beard walking west on the street holding his head and blood running down his face.
He was taken to Merit Health River Region and later transferred to University with a fractured skull, punctured liver and broken ribs.
Police later arrested Everett Charles Lowe, 42, and Louis Ramsey Kelly, 43, in connection with the assault, which stemmed from an argument between Lowe and Beard.
Lowe is accused hitting Beard in the head with an aluminum baseball bat, and Kelly is accused of kicking Beard while he was on the ground.
Lowe and Kelly were being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $75,000 bond each.
In another case, the suspicious actions of two men early Sunday morning resulted in their arrest on theft of a utility trailer.
Jimmy David Duncan, 28, of Vicksburg, and Christopher Cruz Contreras, 38, were being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bond each.
Duncan also faces a charge of contempt of court and was wanted on a grand jury warrant.
They were arrested after an officer on patrol in the 2000 block of Washington Street saw a small black pickup pulling a 12-foot trailer leave the old Blackburn car lot on Washington Street with no lights. After making the stop, the officer learned the trailer was stolen through a records check.
In other arrests:
• Uriah Leroy Warfield was arrested Sunday about 11:06 p.m. at the intersection of Cherry and Clay streets on charges of careless driving; expired or no driver’s license, second offense; and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Neal Thomas Brun was arrested Sunday about 2:55 p.m. on Adams Street for a leash law violation; allowing dog to run loose.
• Jerome Sherrell Parker, was arrested Sunday about 1:14 p.m. in the 100 block of Sherwood Drive for contempt of court and two counts of giving false information to police.
• Danny Terrell Stevenson, was arrested Sunday about 12:02 a.m. at the intersection of Washington and Belmont streets for an open container violation, speeding under 21 mph and second-offense DUI.
• Brandon Sherrod Gates, was arrested Sunday about 12:03 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of U.S. 61 North for contempt of court.
• Marcus DeAndre Barnett was arrested Saturday about 11:02 p.m. at Walmart for shoplifting under $50.
• Darren Antonyo Maize was arrested Saturday about 8:07 p.m. at the intersection of East Magnolia and Ford streets for fourth-offense driving while license suspended, illegal parking and first-offense DUI.
• Andre Demetrius Warren was arrested Saturday about 10:01 a.m. at the intersection of Washington and Veto streets, on a charge of malicious mischief.
• Marissa Daneisha Moffett was arrested about 3:03 a.m. Friday on charges of driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance and improper turn at an intersection.
• Brian Bradley Chocolate was arrested Saturday about 2:22 a.m. in the 3000 block of Indiana Avenue on a grand jury warrant.
• Quincy Lashan West was arrested Friday about 3:52 p.m. at the intersection of Baldwin Ferry Road and Mission 66 on charges of no proof of insurance, expired driver’s license, improper or switched tag, seatbelt violation and contempt of court.
• Dawne Dontea Tuggle was arrested Friday about 2:23 p.m. on Vanderbilt Street on two counts of contempt of court.
• Jacoby Daniel Curry was arrested Friday about 12:25 p.m. in the 800 block of Veto Street on two grand jury warrants.
• Shataria Janay Bunch was arrested Friday about 9:33 a.m. in the 300 block of Northridge Drive on charges of petit larceny between $25 and $250, and two counts of contempt of court.
• Jonathon DeAndre Thomas was arrested Friday about 9:33 a.m.in the 300 block of Northridge Drive on a charge of petit larceny between $50 and $250.
• William Anthony Jackson was arrested about 1:57 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Washington and Harris streets on charges of speeding under 21 mph, no proof of insurance and first-offense DUI.
• Darrius Lamont Stamps was arrested about 12:05 a.m. Saturday on Washington Street on charges of first-offense DUI, expired or no driver’s license, careless driving and giving false information to police.
• Lakisha Nashundra Hill was arrested about 6:02 p.m. Thursday in the 2500 block of Iowa Boulevard for disorderly conduct, failure to comply.
• Jerrica Shanayk Trevellion was arrested about 11:30 p.m. Thursday at the East Clay Street exit of Interstate 20 on a charge of contempt of court.