Deputies arrest Georgia fugitive at truck scales
Published 7:49 pm Friday, January 5, 2018
Warren County deputies arrested a fugitive from Cobb County, Ga., Thursday at the eastbound truck scales on Interstate 20, Sheriff Martin Pace said.
The arrest occurred about 9 p.m. Pace said the sheriff’s office received information from the U.S. Marshal’s Service that Quinnardrick “Quinn” Reid, 40, who is wanted for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine and felony eluding, was in Warren County and traveling on I-20.
He said deputies led by investigator Jason Bayless went to the scales and arrested Reid, who was driving an 18-wheeler, without incident.
Email newsletter signup
Reid is being held without bail in the Warren County Jail awaiting Georgia authorities.
In other cases:
• Vicksburg police are questioning a man about a reported check fraud case involving a check cashed at the River City Liquor store, 2192 Iowa Blvd., police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said.
He said the man went into the liquor store about 4:34 p.m. Thursday and cashed a company check for $855.42, he then called the company issuing the check and said he had lost it. The company sent its bank a stop payment order.
When a store employee called about the check, they were told about the stop payment order and were told the man was given a new check. After hearing from the bank, the employee called police.
Police made the following arrests Thursday:
• Stanley Otto Woods, 60, 505 Smeades St., was arrested about 1:50 p.m. at the Vicksburg Police Department on a charge of contempt of court.
• Uberclain Hernandez, 31, 101 Buford Drive, was arrested about 4:52 p.m. at Far East Liquors, 3429 Halls Ferry Road, on a charge of shoplifting.
• Randall Michael Smith, 22, 7190 Campbell Swamp Road, was arrested about 5:02 p.m. at Hall Road and Cedars Road on charges of speeding in excess of 21 mph over the speed limit, suspended driver’s license and not proof of insurance.
• Takeia Karmeela Carson, 29, 1415 Hayes St. Apt. B, was arrested about 9:18 p.m. at Clay Street and Old Highway 27 on a charge of contempt of court.
• Jeffrey Carl Clark, 49, 320 Hall Road, was arrested about 9:21 p.m. in the 3400 block of Washington Street on a charge of public drunkenness.
Police responded to the following calls:
• 8:03 a.m., 900 block of Wabash Street, simple assault — bodily injury.
• 10:29 a.m., 600 block of North Poplar Street, simple assault — creating fear.
• 10:54 a.m., 1100 block of Bowmar Avenue, petit larceny
• 10:43 a.m., 100 block of Cossar Court, simple assault.
• 5:34 p.m., 1000 block of Warrenton Road, petit larcey.
• 9:47 p.m., vicinity of Warrenton Road near Interstate 20, simple assault.