VPD looks into 5 auto break-ins at hotel
Published 6:53 pm Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Vicksburg police are seeking information about five early morning auto burglaries occurring Tuesday at the Courtyard by Marriot, 1 Underwood Drive, Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said.
All five were reported about 7:17 a.m.:
• $10 in quarters were reported taken from a 2015 GMC Sierra.
Email newsletter signup
• A Gucci wallet and blue and white book bag were reported taken from a 2005 Nissan Altima.
• $2 in coins and a coffee mug were reported taken from a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe.
• The driver’s side window was damaged on a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country van.
• A small Yeti cooler was reported taken from a 2015 Ford Super Duty pickup.
In another auto burglary, two checkbooks and an empty Trustmark Bank bank bag were reported taken about 8:18 a.m. from a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado pickup parked at Kroger’s 3408 Pemberton Square Blvd.
Anyone with information on these break-ins is asked to call the police department’s number at 601-636-2511 or Central Mississippi Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS (8477) or 1-866-481-8477. Callers to Crime Stoppers do not have to give their names.
In other cases:
• A Vicksburg man faces drug charges after his arrest about 9:56 a.m. Tuesday at Walmart, 2150 Iowa Blvd., Datron Lynnell McKay, 32, 200 Overlook Drive, is accused of possession of methamphetamine, uttering forgery, first-offense shoplifting, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and malicious mischief.
• Heather Michelle Paluck, 40, 18 Culkin Road, was arrested about 9:32 p.m. Tuesday on a Mississippi Department of Corrections warrant charging her with probation violation. She was also charged with contempt of court and trespassing
• Police are looking for information about a shooting that occurred about 10:19 p.m. Tuesday at the corner of Grove Street and Mission 66 in which a man was shot in the foot.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police department’s number at 601-636-2511 or Central Mississippi Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS (8477) or 1-866-481-8477. Callers to Crime Stoppers do not have to give their names.
• The mother of a child under the age of 14 told police Tuesday her child had been molested by its grandparents in 2013.
• The interior of a home was damaged during a break-in reported about 4:49 p.m. Tuesday at a home in the 1200 block of Arthur Street. A DVR was damaged and the home had water damage where the intuder apparently attempted to steal a washing machine, police said.
•A 2012 Dodge Durango was reported taken about 11:56 a.m. Monday from the 1600 block of Broad Hill Drive, Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said.
• Shots were reported fired about noon Monday at the intersection of Speed and Letitia streets.
• $185 in cash and $1,400 in checks were reported missing Monday from Taylor Audit and Tax, 1903 Mission 66.
Police made the following arrests Monday and Tuesday:
• Leslie Markisha Tribble, 34, 1900 Baldwin Ferry Road, was arrested about 9:18 a.m. Tuesday in the 1900 block of Baldwin Ferry Road on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• Shelia Ann Tribble, 53, 218 Leland Drive, was arrested about 1:13 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• John Rueben Wildee, 33, 1525 Standard Hill Road, was arrested about 2:05 a.m. Tuesday on charges of contempt of court and possession of marijuana in a vehicle.
• Shannon Ann Warrington, 38, 1609 Wade Patrick Road, Braxton, was arrested about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Halls Ferry Road on a charge of first-offense shoplifting.
• Roy Scott Davis, 49, 1250 Legacy Road, Brookhaven, was arrested about 9:32 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of Iowa Boulevard on a charge of first offense shoplifting.
• Cynthia Jackson, 42, 200 Clay St., was arrested about 12:02 a.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Clay Street on a charge of trespassing.
• Lakeetha Shadai Tyler, 25, 329 Shady Lane, was arrested about 2 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Porter’s Chapel Road and Elms Court on two counts of contempt of court.
• Jeffrey Carl Clark, 49, 320 Hall Road, was arrested about 7:23 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of Mattingly Street on charges of contempt of court and public drunkenness.
• Robin Prentiss Johnson, 54, 111 Allendale Drive, was arrested about 8:52 p.m. Monday at the Vicksburg Police Department on a charge of contempt of court.
• Sammy Franklin Henderson, 51, 812 Speed St., was arrested about 11:58 p.m. in the 1700 block of Washington Street on charges of first-offense DUI and expired car tag.
Police responded to the following calls from Friday and Monday:
• 5:49 p.m. Monday, 3400 block of Second Street, malicious mischief.
• 3:31 a.m. Monday, 3000 block of Indiana Avenue, shoplifting.
• 9:59 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of Greenview Drive, structure fire.
• 9:27 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of Clark Street, petit larceny.
• 2:58 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Warrenton Road, petit larceny.
• 10:13 a.m. Saturday, 2400 block of Lake Street, malicious mischief.
• 11:03 a.m. Saturday, 2100 block of Iowa Boulevard, simple assault creating fear.
• 1:14 p.m. Saturday, 3400 block of Pemberton Boulevard, shoplifting.
• 1:39 p.m. Saturday, 2900 block of Arcadia Place, malicious mischief.
• 7:55 p.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Mission 66, petit larceny.
• 5 p.m. Friday, 3500 block of Pemberton Boulevard, embezzlement.
• 6:46 p.m. Friday, 2400 block of Clay Street, shoplifting.
• 8:03 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of Iowa Boulevard, simple assault — creating fear.
• 9:06 p.m. Friday, 4000 block of U.S. 61 South, shoplifting.