Local man indicted for child exploitation
Published 7:33 pm Sunday, February 11, 2018
A Vicksburg man has been charged with four counts of exploitation of a child that occurred between November 2016 and Feb. 2017.
William Eugene Wicker, 40, 1692 Old Highway 27, was indicted by a Warren County grand jury in January on the charges. The case was presented by the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office.
Email newsletter signup
Wicker was arrested March 8, 2017, at his home by investigators with the Attorney General’s Cyber Crime Unit following an investigation into Wicker’s online activity, and was made after the investigators executed a search warrant on his home.
Wicker is accused of sending photographs and videos of children engaged in explicit sexual activity.
In another case, Louis Ramsey Kelly, 44, 921 Bowmar Ave., and Everett Charles Lowe, 42, 1503 East Ave. were indicted on a charge of aggravated assault in the Nov. 25 beating of Corey Beard.
Lowe is accused hitting Beard in the head with an aluminum baseball bat, and Kelly is accused of kicking Beard while he was on the ground. Beard was taken to Merit Health River Region and later transferred to University with a fractured skull, punctured liver and broken ribs.
In other indictments:
• Julius De’Shun Mobley, 25, 4900 Rollingwood, was indicted on five counts of aggravated cruelty to a cat and one count of possession of a weapon after felony conviction. He was indicted as a habitual offender because he has two prior felony convictions.
• George Thomas, 28, 5033 Rollingwood Estate Drive, aggravated assault — extreme indifference. He is accused of punching James Thomas in the face and cutting the area around his left eye with a sharp object.
• Gage Leonard Hayes, 25, 1515 Grove St., three separate charges of third-offense domestic violence occurring in June, September and October.
• Jerry Arkele Brown, 18, 57 China Grove Road, aggravated assault in the Nov. 2016 shooting of Daemontae Trevillion.
• Michael Wayne Williams, 49, 1521 Rosedown St., aggravated assault.
• Jonathan Danzall Parks, 25, 198 Curry St., third offense domestic violence.
• Keysha Ladawn Claiborne, 37, 1004 Fifth North St., third offense domestic violence.
• Gerald Dewayne Vanderford, 47, 8366 U.S. 61, Rolling Fork, fourth-offense DUI.
• Courtney Nevels, 27, 100 Lee Circle, credit card fraud. Nevels was arrested by Warren County sheriff’s deputies Friday on Chickasaw Road. Besides the credit card fraud charge, she has three outstanding warrants for felony bad checks and misdemeanor warrants from Yalobusha County, according the sheriff’s department reports.
Nevels was also indicted on two counts of vehicle burglary. Her address on the theft indictment is 100 Chickasaw Road.
• Russell Wade Carter, 24, 1370 Nine Mile Cutoff Road, possession of a controlled substance — amphetamine.
• Anthony Dewayne Gaines, 34, 2727 Alcorn Drive, two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of aggravated assault domestic violence.
• Jamal Williams, 31, 6695 Mississippi 27, two counts possession of a controlled substance and one count of a weapon after felony conviction.
• Thomas Paul Jeffers, 18, 690 Grange Hall Road; Tana Elizabeth Starnes, 21, 1108 Nuttingham Road; Kyle Austin McCormick, 20, Katherine Drive Apt. A; Baylee Elizabeth Wallace, 23, 1180 Wells Road, possession of a controlled substance — methamphetamine.
• Steven Lee Jackson, 39, 105 Openwood Lane, false pretenses and grand larceny.
• Curtis Lee Smith, 39, 1950 Hope St. Apt. 10A, grand larceny.
• Carolyn Dillard, 44, 1611 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., malicious mischief.
• Tracy Tobias Dart, 52, 1111 Adams Lane, vehicle burglary.
• Billie Kaye McGuffie, 31, 421 Gibson Road, vehicle burglary.
• Tracy Brown, 49, 2112 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, posting injurious messages and other posts.
• Daniel Scott McClellan, 28, 3016 Mount Alban Road, burglary of a dwelling.
• Ricky Eugene Turner, 20, 1131 Mosley Gap Road, non-residential burglary.
• Joshua Adam McCullough, 29, 4813 Nailor Road, possession of a weapon after felony conviction.