Vicksburg man charged with shooting
Published 7:04 pm Tuesday, March 20, 2018
A Vicksburg man was in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $60,000 bond after his arrest Tuesday on a charge of aggravated assault.
Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said Elgin Darnell Proctor, 32, 801 Clay St., turned himself in at the Vicksburg Police Department Tuesday morning. He said Proctor is also charged with possession of a stolen firearm.
Proctor is accused of shooting Ricky Dewayne Johnson, 24, multiple times during an argument involving himself, his girlfriend, her sister and Johnson at a home in the 1400 block of Oakland St. Johnson was taken by a private vehicle to Merit Health River Region.
Email newsletter signup
In another case, Brian Mitchell Smith, 31, 1940 Heather Place, is charged with threatening a public servant for retaliation.
Smith is accused of threatening Warren County Judge John Price through social media on Nov. 28 in retaliation for a decision in youth court case. He was being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bond.
In other cases:
• Ed Beverly Watts was being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $30,000 bond charged with aggravated physical abuse of the elderly.
Watts is accused of assaulting and beating an 80-year-old man. The victim’s name was not released.
• A Bay St. Louis woman faces drug charges after her arrest for shoplifting Monday at Dillards.
Amanda Lichelle Aucoin, 33, 7111 West Green St., Bay St. Louis, was being held without bail in the Issaquena County Correctional Facility pending an initial appearance Wednesday in Municipal Court.
Aucoin is accused of possession of methamphetamine, which was found during a search after her arrest on the shoplifting charge.
Vicksburg police made the following arrests Monday:
• Marlon Jermain Robinson, 29, 420 Lake Hill Drive F-14, was arrested about 9:25 a.m. in the 3900 block of Clay Street on a charge of Contempt of Court.
• Miguel Orlando Malpica, 36, 605 Cain Ridge Road C-6, was arrested about 9:25 a.m. in the 3900 block of Clay St. on a charge of false pretense.
• Stacey Nicole Means, 33, 111 Maison Rue Drive., was arrested about 12:14 p.m. on the 3400 block of Halls Ferry Road on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• Warrants were served on Alexis Antoinette Eatmon, 24, 4020 U.S. 80.
• Warrants were served on Walter Tanell Wyatt, 31, 2727 Alcorn Drive Apt. 205.
• Warrants were served on Crystal Dominique Alexander, 1900 Baldwin Ferry Road.
• Willis Junior Jordan, 57, 2207 Pearl St., was arrested about 10:40 p.m. in the 1500 block of Washington Street on a charge of public drunkenness.
• Warrants were served on Jason Jermaine Norfort, 32, 2040 Heather Drive.
• A 9mm Ruger handgun reported stolen from Natchez was recovered Friday in a room at the Ramada Inn, 20 Orme Drive, Vicksburg police Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said. No arrests have been made.
In other cases:
• Shots were reported fired about 8:02 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Adams and China streets.
• A utility trailer and a 2013 Polaris ATV were reported taken about 9:52 a.m. Saturday from Magnolia Estates, 1333 U.S. 61 South. The trailer and ATV have been entered into the National Crime Information Computer.
• Shots were reported fired Satruday at the following times: 4:25 p.m., 100 block of Elizabeth Circle; 7:36 p.m. 1200 block of Locust Street, 10:15 p.m. 4000 block of Halls Ferry Road; and 11:49 p.m. at Roosevelt Street and Military Avenue.
• A set of jumper cables, Galaxy notebook and a mail package were reported taken about 1:35 p.m. Sunday from a car parked at the Waterview Casino, 3990 Washington St.
Vicksburg police reported the following arrests between Friday and Sunday
• Toni Marie Hutto, 35, 1111 Parish Line Road, Sondheimer, La., was arrested about 5:52 p.m. Sunday in the 3400 block of Halls Ferry Road on a charge of first-offense shoplifting.
• Jocandra Monea Williams, 24, 1422 Oakland St., was arrested about 12:12 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Oakland Street on a charge of contempt of court.
• Charles James Wilson, 55, 816 Polk St., was arrested about 7:18 p.m. Saturday at Washington and Rigby streets on a charge of first-offense DUI.
• Warrant was served Saturday on Laronda Lameka Bishop, 24, 818 Speed St. Apt. 1.
• Romain Shontay Torns, 40, 2919 Medgar Evers Blvd., Jackson, was arrested about 9:33 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Warrenton Road on charges of expired tag, no proof of insurance, having a suspended driver’s license and speeding.
• Marquez Dundre Tucker, 20, 4234 Commons Circle, was arrested about 12:50 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Mission 66 and Sky Farm Avenue on a charge of contempt of court.
• Kendrick Lee Williams, 23, 1619 Crawford St., was arrested about 10:43 p.m. Friday at U.S. 61 South and Signal Hill Road on six counts of contempt of court.
• Eugene Charles Lewis, 31, 1950 Hope St. 8D, was arrested about 9:40 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Grove St. on a charge of contempt of court.
Police responded to the following calls between Friday and Sunday
• 1:23 p.m. Sunday, 305 Cain Ridge Road, trespassing.
• 4:23 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of Military Avenue, simple assault — creating fear.
• 5:34 p.m. Sunday, 3400 block of Halls Ferry Road, shoplifting.
• 6:01 p.m. Sunday, 4000 block I-20 Frontage Road, petit larceny.
• 7:43 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Harris Street, simple assault — bodily injury.
• 10:19 p.m. Sunday, area of Clay Street and Mission 66, recovered stolen property.
• 1019 a.m. Saturday, 2000 block of North Washington Street, trespassing.
• 11:32 a.m. Saturday, 3300 block of Pemberton Square Boulevard, malicious mischief.
• 12:07 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of Suth Frontage Road, loss of property — undetermined theft.
• 8:13 p.m. Saturday, 1000 Block of Warrenton Road, petit larceny.
• 12:46 p.m. Friday, 4041 Washington St., petit larceny.
• 1:33 p.m. Friday, 4400 U.S. 61 South, petit larceny.