Vicksburg Police reports, calls and arrests
Published 6:57 pm Tuesday, August 21, 2018
A .25-caliber handgun was reported taken about 9:49 a.m. Monday from an apartment at the Commodore Apartments, 605 Cain Ridge Road.
• A wallet containing $10, a driver’s license and a credit card was reported taken from a car parked in the 1400 block of Chambers Street.
Vicksburg police made the following arrests Monday:
Email newsletter signup
• A warrant was served on Dustin Dale Lawrence, 36, 301 North Fairview Drive.
• James Ray Vanetten, 62, 318 Shady Lane, was arrested about 10 a.m. at the intersection of Indiana Avenue and Porters Chapel Road on a charge of leash law violation – allowing a dog to run loose.
• Christianna Deanna Howard, 22, 2507 Cedar St., was arrested about 2 p.m. at the Vicksburg Police Department in a charge of contempt of court.
• Steven Lane Elrod, 30, 1765 Standard Hill Road, was arrested about 2:34 p.m. at Clay Street and Mississippi 27 on three counts of contempt of court.
Police responded to the following calls Monday:
• 7:07 a.m., 2700 block of Alcorn Drive, suspicious activity.
• 4:16 p.m., 200 block of Hills of the Valley, theft of a dog.
• 4:49 p.m., 2100 block of Iowa Boulevard, property damage.
• 6:20 p.m., 1100 block of Randolph Street, petit larceny.
• 11:46 a.m., Signal Hill Lane, trespassing.