How They Did
Published 7:57 am Tuesday, September 25, 2018
A weekly recap of the performances of college football and NFL players from Vicksburg-area high schools
• Grambling linebacker De’Arius Christmas (Warren Central) had three total tackles and returned an interception 66 yards for a touchdown in a 34-0 win over Alabama State.
• Cornell College (Iowa) running back Patrick Brown (Vicksburg High) caught six passes for 40 yards in a 28-17 win over Beloit College.
Email newsletter signup
• Southern Miss wide receiver DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) caught four passes for a team-high 99 yards in a 40-22 win over Rice. Harris also finished with 19 rushing yards on two carries and returned one kickoff for 14 yards.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at right tackle against Rice.
• Mississippi College running back Peter Harris (Porter’s Chapel Academy) had one special teams tackle in a 34-21 loss to West Florida.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started at right guard in a 38-17 win over Kent State.
• Belhaven linebacker Denarrius Noel (Hinds AHS) had 10 total tackles, 3 ½ tackles for loss, and one forced fumble in a 46-20 loss to East Texas Baptist.
• Southeast Missouri State defensive lineman Josh Price (St. Aloysius) assisted on one tackle in a 23-14 loss to Eastern Kentucky.
• Northern Colorado cornerback Paul Wilson (Vicksburg High) had four total tackles in a 45-28 loss to Weber State.
• Tennessee Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had three solo tackles in a 9-6 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.