Police, U.S. Marshals conduct warrant sweep
An early morning sweep Friday by Vicksburg Police and the U.S. Marshal’s Task Force resulted in the arrest of four people on outstanding warrants and a fifth wanted for questioning in an April 19 shooting, according to information from Vicksburg police.
Those arrested in the roundup included:
• Quentin Lamar Taylor, 27, 1211 Grammar St. Taylor was wanted on a charge of rape. He was being held in the Warren County Jail. Bond information was unavailable. He has a hold placed on him by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Michael Jashawn Carter, 18, no address listed. Carter was wanted for questioning in the April 19 shooting of Jamario Hawkins, 18, at JP&K Foods Convenience Store, 2607 Halls Ferry Road.
He was charged with disorderly conduct for participating in the fight that led to Hawkins being shot.
• Deandre K. Royal, 36, 1514 Ethel St., was charged with sale of a controlled substance. He also had a pending Mississippi Department of Corrections warrant for failure to appear in court on a charge of absconding, or avoiding, supervision. Bond information was unavailable.
• Johnathan Michael Ponder, 32, 520 Berryman Road, possession of methamphetamine. Bond information was unavailable.
• Marshall Drake Davidson, 18, 305 Bazinzsky Road, is charged with auto burglary. He was released on $10,000 bond.
• Hunter Alexander Burton, 24, 305 Bazinsky Road, is charged with auto burglary. Bond information was unavailable.