Four tied to October shooting indicted
Four people have been indicted by a Warren County grand jury in an October drive-by shooting that wounded a 14-year-old in the 100 block of Drusilla Lane.
The teen was taken by a private car to Merit Health River Region, where he was treated and released.
The indictment charges Rashad Jerome Neal, 24, 103 Hamilton Place; Shamar Keyon Anderson, 18, 134 Crawford St.; and Tyree Lydell Miller, 20, 102 Elm Lane; with conspiracy to commit a felony, aggravated assault and drive-by shooting in the Oct. 15 incident.
Lakiksha Shaunta Miller, 39, 103 Hamilton Place, is charged in the indictment with being an accessory after the fact because she tried to help Neal, Anderson and Miller avoid arrest.
Neal remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond. Lakiksha Miller, Tyree Miller and Anderson are out on bond.
According to Vicksburg police reports, officers were called to Drusilla Lane about 9 p.m. Oct. 15 concerning a report of shots fired, and when they arrived were told the teen had been shot once in the leg.
Witnesses said a dark-colored vehicle rode through neighborhood and multiple shots were fired from the vehicle, which left the area at a high rate of speed. No one else was injured in the shooting.
Other indictments include:
• Dikembe Hosea Stewart, 24, 1219 Forrest St.; shooting into a dwelling-house, possession of a weapon after felon y conviction and possession of a stolen firearm. He is accused of shooting into a home in the 900 block of National Street.
• D’Vonte Amir King, 22, 100 King Drive Apt. C, Vicksburg; domestic aggravated assault-strangling.
• Three men were indicted on multiple counts involving the burglary of a home on Azalea Lane in which firearms, knives and ammunition were taken.
Lorenzo Hull-Chiplin, 18, 1312 Bowmar Ave.; Tyree Lydell Miller, 20, 102 Elm Lane; and Decontre Michael Smith, 18, 301 Drusilla Lane; are charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, burglary of a dwelling, grand larceny and directing a youth to commit a felony.
• Jeffrey Shelley, 42, 1950 Hope St.; burglary of a dwelling and grand larceny. He was indicted as a habitual offender because he had two previous felony convictions.
• Joseph Parrish Key, 48, 2365 Kickwall St., Orange Park, Fla.; possession of a controlled substance – methamphetamine.
• Ricky Glen Smith, 59, 1046 Versie Lane, Crystal Springs; possession of a controlled substance- methamphetamine.
• Alton Miller, 54, 3525 Cook Road; possession of a controlled substance – methamphetamine.
• Phillip Shores, 38, 111 Marian Hill Drive; possession of a controlled substance – methamphetamine.
• Javis Dixon, 23, 807 Mosley Gap Road; possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute – marijuana.
• Aaron Keith Wynn Jr., 26, 307 Farmer St.; possession of a stolen firearm.
• Jeremiah Thornhill, 25, 2169 South Frontage Road, 14 E; possession of a stolen firearm.
• John Wayne Erwin Sr., 50, 895 Grange Hall Road; possession of a weapon after felony conviction.
• Howard Daniel Mosley, no age or address listed; three counts of felony bad check.
The consulting firm hired by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen to perform a feasibility study for a new Vicksburg... read more