Traffic stop leads to drug and weapons charges
Published 7:17 pm Friday, June 7, 2019
A traffic stop at Warrenton and Wigwam roads Thursday night resulted in the arrest of a Vicksburg man on drug charges and a woman on a weapons charge.
Police arrested Sabin Christopher Reaves, 28, 1585 Warrenton Rd., on a charge of possession of methamphetamine and four counts of contempt of court.
Officers also arrested Beverly Darnell, 28, 859 Ross Road on a charge of possession of a stolen firearm.
In other cases:
• A Taurus .38-caliber handgun was reported taken Thursday from a car parked in the 1400 block of Washington St.
• An altered check was reported cashed at Doc’s Bill and Pay, 1890 South Frontage Road.
According to police, a check was cashed for $2,950 on May 21. When the check was returned, employees saw it was originally made out for $110 and the numbers changed.
Police made the following misdemeanor arrests Thursday:
• A warrant was served on James Elbert Ross Jr., 1425 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• Jonathan Christopher Phelps, 30, 120 Linda Drive, was arrested about 3:12 a.m. at Berryman Road and St. Patrick Street on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• Heather Amanda Miller, 33, 1206 Crawford St., was arrested about 1:15 p.m. at the Vicksburg Police Department on a charge of contempt of court.
• Ashley Dianne Lelonek, 38, 180 Turnerville Road, was arrested about 4:26 p.m.at the police department on a charge of contempt of court.
• Steven Ray Wolfe, 51, 631 Stenson Road, was arrested about 4:11 p.m. on Mission 66 and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard on a charge of having an open container of alcohol.
• Hannah Leann Brand, 18, 220 Mount Alban Road, was arrested about 9:37 p.m. on charges of possession of methamphetamine and contempt of court.