Drug ‘Dab’ makes its first appearance in Vicksburg
Published 8:11 am Tuesday, June 11, 2019
A Vicksburg man is charged with possession of a controlled substance after his arrest Friday by Vicksburg Police.
Shaquille Marquis Ricks, 27, 4824 Gibson Rd., is accused of having a substance called “Dab.” He was released from the Warren County Jail after posting $20,000 bond.
“Dab,” which is also known as “wax,” is a concentrated dose of cannabis made by extracting THC, the main active ingredient in marijuana, and other chemicals by using a solvent like butane.
Email newsletter signup
The result is a sticky oil that is smoked in e-cigarettes.
Vicksburg Police Lt. Johnnie Edwards said the arrest was the first time the drug has been seen in Vicksburg.
In other cases:
• Shots were reported fired about 8:54 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Bayou Boulevard. Nothing was found by police.
• Shots were reported fired about 10:25 p.m. Saturday in the area of Alcorn Drive and Elizabeth Circle. Nothing was found.
• A car parked in the 1000 block of Walnut St. was entered and ransacked about 9:35 p.m. Saturday.
• Shots were reported fired about 1:24 a.m. Saturday in the 2400 block of Grove St. Nothing was found.
• Shots were reported fired at the New Main Apartments, 2727 Alcorn Drive about 11 p.m. Friday. Nothing was found.
• A Skaggs zero-turn radius lawnmower was reported taken about 4:27 p.m. Friday from a shed in the 100 block of Mary Hill Road.