Death of infant spawns investigation, arrest
Published 6:11 pm Wednesday, July 24, 2019
A Warren County woman is being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $250,000 bond charged with culpable negligence manslaughter in the death of her infant daughter, Sheriff Martin Pace said.
Brandi Christine Reynolds was arrested Tuesday after an investigation that began July 19 when the sheriff’s office was notified about an infant death at Reynolds’ home. Investigators arrived at her home in the Oak Ridge community to find her 54-day-old infant daughter dead in the mother’s bed.
“Allowing an infant child to sleep with adults in the same bed could result in an adult inadvertently rolling onto the infant, resulting in the death or seriously injuring the child,” Pace said.
He said the child who died in Warren County was the twin sister of an infant boy who died June 19 in Newton County under similar circumstances. Another infant child of Reynolds’ died under similar circumstances in Newton County in 2016.
He said the investigation into the case is continuing and Warren County investigators are working with the Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services, the Warren County Youth Court and the Newton County Sheriff’s Office.
Reynolds’ bond was set by Justice Court Judge James Jefferson at an initial appearance Tuesday. Pace said the case will be presented to the August term of the Warren County grand jury.
In other cases:
• A Vicksburg man is accused of robbing his ex-wife of $1,500.
Vicksburg Police Lt. Johnnie Edwards said Larry Donnell Allen, 48, 8052 Brushy Creek Road, Crystal Springs is charged with robbery. He was released on $40,000 bond.
According to police, Allen appeared at his ex-wife’s home Monday, demanded money and assaulted her, taking the money. He was arrested Tuesday.
• Twenty-eight catalytic converters valued at $3,500 were reported taken about 6:04 a.m. Tuesday from the back of a Chevrolet Silverado pickup parked at the Days Inn, 90 Warrenton Road.
• A purse containing credit cards and $80 was reported taken about 5:07 p.m. Tuesday from a Nissan Rogue parked at Vicksburg Family Dental, 3425 Pemberton Square Blvd.
• A counterfeit $100 bill was reported passed Tuesday at 5:28 p.m. at Popeyes, 3309 Pemberton Square Blvd.
• Shots were reported fired about 5:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Speed Street. Officers responding found no evidence of shots being fired.