Mother reportedly kidnaps child from grandmother
Published 6:01 pm Friday, July 26, 2019
Vicksburg Police are looking for a woman who kidnapped her child from its paternal grandmother.
Lt. Johnnie Edwards said a warrant has been issued for Carol Clark, no age or address given, charging her with kidnapping.
According to police, the father has full custody of the child and lives out of town. He brought the child to Vicksburg to spend time with his mother. While the child was at her paternal grandmother’s home, her maternal grandmother came to visit and asked to take the child home with her.
Email newsletter signup
When the maternal grandmother got home with the child, police said, she is believed to have called Clark to visit the child. Clark went to her mother’s house and reportedly took the child and left town.
The maternal grandmother has not been charged in this case.
In other cases:
• Connie May Harris, 52, 605 Cain Ridge Road, was charged with felony malicious mischief involving vandalism to a vehicle. She was released on $2,500 bond.
• A GDP programmer and two toolboxes were reported missing about 7:05 p.m. Thursday from 2003 Chevrolet Silverado parked at BancorpSouth Bank on Indiana Avenue.
• A 9mm handgun was reported taken about 7:33 p.m. Thursday from a 2012 Dodge Durango parked in the 700 block of Locust Street.
• A woman reported Thursday someone used her Visa debit card to make separate purchases totaling $202.50 and $102.50 at a store in Jackson.
• A 1997 Dodge 1500 pickup was reported taken about 10:45 p.m. from the Day Inn, 90 Warrenton Road.