Modified shotgun found during traffic stop, driver flees
Officers with the Vicksburg Police Department confiscated a modified shotgun during a traffic stop on Halls Ferry Road Sunday, Lt. Johnnie Edwards said.
According to reports, officers were called to a disturbance at Burger King, 3121 Halls Ferry Road, and saw a car leaving the area. When officers stopped the car, the driver fled on foot.
The modified weapon was found in the car.
The suspect was able to elude capture.
In other cases:
- A purse containing a driver’s license, Social Security card, $280, a credit card and a cash out card was reported taken about 10:24 a.m. Sunday from a Nissan Altima parked in the 200 block of Belva Drive.
- A purse containing credit cards and a debit card were reported taken about 9:31 a.m. Sunday from a 2015 Honda Accord parked in the 100 block of Colonial Drive.
- A 2018 Ford F-150 pickup parked in the 500 block of Dabney Street was reported taken about 1:07 p.m. Saturday. It was later recovered damaged in a grassy area in the 500 block of Dabney Drive.
- A 2014 GMC Acadia parked in the 700 block of Longview Street was reported taken about 6:55 p.m. Saturday.
- A counterfeit $100 bill was reported passed about 11:31 p.m. Friday at Ameristar Casino, 4116 Washington St.
- Shots were reported fired about 7:59 p.m. at the intersection of Haining Road and North Washington Street. No evidence of the complaint was found.
- A 2017 Hyundai parked at the Ramada Inn, 20 Orme Drive, was reported entered and ransacked Friday. Nothing was reported missing.
Despite thousands of dollars being spent on advertising, groups organizing candidate forums and advocates pushing information throughout social media asking... read more