Grand Jury indicts Steward in connection to his wife’s murder
Published 1:29 pm Monday, September 9, 2019
A Vicksburg man had been indicted by a Warren County grand jury on a charge of murder in the December 2018 death of his wife.
Paul Allen Steward, 51, whose address was listed as 124 Hillside Circle, is accused of killing Kacey Latasha Miles Steward, 33, Dec. 24, 2018. The couple had been married about four years.
Kacey Steward had been reported missing Dec. 25. Her body was found Dec. 27 by police in a wooded area in Warren County.
Steward remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $750,000 bond.
In another case, Glenn Charles Johnson, 29, 211 Miller St. Lot 48, was indicted on two counts hindering prosecution for hiding two people who were fleeing from Warren County sheriff’s deputies.
Johnson is accused of hiding Justin Tilley and Zachary Brooks at his home. Brooks, 22, and Tilley, 17, were wanted for possession of stolen property involving the theft of a vehicle they wrecked earlier in the month and abandoned.
The pair was later found hiding in linen drawers under beds in the trailer where Johnson lived.
Johnson remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $70,000 bond.
Other indictments include:
• Nicodemus Deonte Henry, 20, 125 Timberlane Drive; aggravated assault, shooting at a motor vehicle.
• Jeffery Eatmon, a.k.a Thomas Eatmon, 39, 320 Fisher Ferry Rd., Vicksburg; possession of a controlled substance.
• Alton Andre Burden Sr., 49, 805 Second North St.; Jaquan Shonderious Burden, 19, 902 Blossom Lane Lot No. 10; Barry Clark, 18, 1200 Mission 66 No. 101; and Derrick Darden Jr., 19, 80 Smallwood Road; conspiracy to commit a felony and armed robbery in the Oct. 29, 2018 robbery of a woman.
• Alton Andre Burden Sr., Jaquan Shonderious Burden, Derrick Darden Jr., and Trayvon Qintis Barnette, 18, 55 Whipperwill Road, were indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit a felony and non-residential burglary in the Oct. 4, 2018, break-ins of Durst Discount Drugs on Clay Street and AM Mart on Wisconsin Avenue.
• Darrius Jujuan Coney, 24, 1518 Rosedown St.; possession of a stolen firearm.
• Demond Dewayne Qualls, 18, 718 Walnut St.; non-residential burglary.
• Gregory Shane Hearn, 47, 895 Grange Hall Road; grand larceny.
• Kenneth Runnels, 27, 162 Speights Road, Braxton; receiving stolen property.
• John Earl Wallace, 19, 1821 Louisiana Ave.; grand larceny.
• Geneva Hicks, 36, 810 Ella St., Tallulah, La.; altering outcome. Hicks, who worked as a dealer at WaterView Casino, is accused in the indictment of using inside information to determine the outcome of a game of chance.
• Jamila Marie Barnes, 31, 2612 Ken Karly Ave.; malicious mischief. She is accused of causing more than $1,000 in damage to city property.