Attempted murder suspected indicted by grand jury
Published 9:12 pm Friday, September 13, 2019
A Vicksburg man faces has been indicted on a charge of attempted murder in the Dec. 26 shooting of another man.
Darryl Lee Green, also known as Darryl Lee Williams, 26, 810 Jackson St., is also charged in a separate indictment with possession of a firearm after felony conviction.
He is accused of shooting another man multiple times at the corner of Realty and Green streets about 6 a.m. Dec. 26. He remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bond.
Email newsletter signup
In another case, Kevin Dewayne Buck, 34, 2630 Roosevelt Ave., was indicted on charges of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon after felony conviction in the Dec. 31, 2018, shooting of a teenager in the back. He was later released on $35,000 bond.
Buck is being indicted as a habitual offender because he has two previous felony convictions.
In other cases:
• Trayvon Qintis Barnett, 18, 55 Whipperwill Road; Alton Andre Burden Sr., 49, 805 Second North St.; Jaquan Burden, 19, 902 Blossom Lane Apt. F 10; Derrick Darden Jr., 19, 80 Smallwood Road; and Rose Miller, 40, 1513 Martha St.; conspiracy to commit a felony and armed robbery in the Sept. 25, 2018, armed robbery of the Dollar Tree, 2904 Clay St.
Alton Burden was indicted as a habitual offender because he had prior felony convictions.
• Wesley Shane White, 23, 155 Deer Ridge Road; possession of a controlled substance in a jail. He is accused of having methamphetamine in the county jail. He was indicted as a habitual offender.
• Spencer Nolan, 34, 77 Joyce Lane; four counts of credit card fraud.
• Kristopher Mark McKay, 3 Dogwood Heights; burglary of a dwelling. He was indicted as a habitual offender.
• George William Turner Jr., 36, 110 Presto Lane, Jackson; non-residential burglary.
• James Xavier Allen, 21, 1023 Buck St., and Joshua Lidell Flowers, 21, 218 Drummond Street; robbery in the theft of an AR-15 Bushmaster rifle.
• Robert Lee Devoils, 22, 129 S. Third St., Rolling Fork; vehicle burglary.
• William David Collins, 19, 205 Barnes Crossing, Tallulah, La., two counts of vehicle burglary.
• Rodney Dunyell Miller, 26, 3527 Ridgecrest Drive, Jackson; Torey Cortez Smith, 30, 3527 Ridgecrest Drive, Jackson; and Johnathan Lee Smith, 33, 211 North Sunset Terrace, Jackson; felony shoplifting in the theft of four Apple XS max iPhones, 2 Apple XS iPhones and three Apple XR iPhones from Walmart, 2150 Iowa Blvd.
• Shawanna Mosely 38, 1865 Ring Road; trafficking of stolen firearms. She is accuse of trying to sell a .308-caliber rifle and a .410 shotgun that were reported stolen.
• Ronald Lee Anderson Jr., 43, 1800 China Grove; third-offense DUI. He was indicted as a habitual offender.
• Danny Yates, 61, 712 Speed St., molesting. He was indicted as a habitual offender.
• Roderick Ray Burden, 26, 2016 Sky Farm Ave., third-offense domestic violence.
• Felix Reese Williams, 29, 2808 Yerger St., possession of forged or counterfeit instrument involving five counterfeit $100 bills.