How They Did: Vicksburg’s college and NFL football players
A weekly recap of how college football and NFL players from Vicksburg-area high schools did in games played over the weekend.
• Tulane linebacker Nick Anderson (Vicksburg High) had two solo tackles in a 58-6 win over Missouri State.
• Jackson State defensive back Alexander Shaw (Warren Central) had three total tackles in a 49-44 win over Tennessee State.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started at right guard and helped the Rebels pile up 220 rushing yards in a 40-29 win over Southeastern Louisiana.
• Southern Miss running back DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) ran for a team-high 31 yards and caught four passes for 18 yards in a 47-42 win over Troy.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at left tackle and helped the Golden Eagles gain 626 yards of total offense against Troy.
• Mississippi State defensive back Aadreekis Conner (Port Gibson) had two solo tackles in a 31-24 loss to Kansas State.
• Tennessee Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had seven tackles and one pass defense in a 19-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.