Vicksburg man arrested with crack, Ecstasy
Published 4:35 pm Friday, September 20, 2019
A Vicksburg man was being in held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of an $85,000 bond after his arrest Thursday on drug charges.
Keith Edwin Craig, 30, 3546 Warrior’s Trail, is charged with possession of crack cocaine and possession of a controlled substance — Ecstasy — with intent to distribute after his arrest at a traffic stop about 11:37 p.m. Thursday on East Clay Street by the Vicksburg Police Department’s NET Team.
According to police reports, officers saw a plastic bag with crack cocaine and a bag with 50 Ecstasy tablets on the front seat of the car during the stop.
Email newsletter signup
In other cases:
• Steven Justin Nichols, 39, 856 Redwood Road, was charged with possession of methamphetamine after he was stopped by police officers and Warren County sheriff’s deputies about 5:14 p.m. at the corner of Speed Street and Halls Ferry Road for a traffic violation.
He was being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of a $35,000 bond.
• Ashley Inez Smith, 29, 1303 Harrison St., was charged with felony malicious mischief after she damaged a 2017 Nissan Altima parked in the 2500 block of Drummond Street.
She turned herself in to police Friday. She was later released on a $5,000 bond.
• A collection of tools — a Rigid planer, Porter Cable router, Porter Cable table saw, Porter Cable finishing hammer, High Cup bolt kit, four stud butts and a Rigid drill kit with a total value of $1,850 were reported taken about 10:05 a.m. Thursday from a construction site in the 800 block of Grove Street.
• Shots were reported fired about 7:28 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Lovers Lane. Nothing was found.
• A 2011 Nissan Maxima was reported taken from David Smith Auto Repair, 1350 Clay St. The car was later recovered.