Man wanted in North Carolina arrested in Eagle Lake with drugs
Published 2:38 pm Wednesday, October 2, 2019
A man wanted by North Carolina corrections authorities was arrested Tuesday in the Eagle Lake community, Sheriff Martin Pace said.
James Michael Dority, 41, is being held in the Warren County Jail awaiting return to North Carolina, where he is wanted for a probation violation involving a burglary charge.
He is charged in Warren County with possession of a controlled substance, giving false information to law enforcement and being a fugitive offender in the state of Mississippi.
He was arrested Tuesday in the Eagle Lake community, where he was staying at a home in the 5000 block of Eagle Lake Shore Road. Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said Deputy Johnny Beauchamp stopped Dority Monday but did not get proper identification from him. After further investigation, Chief Deputy Billy Heggins saw Dority at Eagle Lake and took him into custody.
During a search of Dority after the arrest, deputies found a container of a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
In other cases:
• Andrew Howell Hearn, 22, Boy Scout Road, and Thomas Jefferson Rials of Gilbert, La., face charges after their arrest involving the Monday theft of a utility trailer in the 100 block of Choctaw Circle.
Hearn is charged with grand larceny and Rials with receiving stolen property. The trailer was recovered and returned to the owner.
• A Warren County man has been charged with felony malicious mischief and petit larceny involving damage to a car wash on Oak Ridge Road and the theft of a change module, or container, from the business.
Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said Kenneth Matthew “Matt” Miller, 45, of Jefferson Hollow Road, was arrested Tuesday and is being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Miller is accused of damaging vacuum pumps at the car wash in the 1000 block of Oak Ridge Road.
Vicksburg Police responded to the following calls Tuesday:
• The rear door of a business in the 4800 block of U.S. 61 South was reported kicked in. Nothing was reported taken.
• A .22-caliber handgun, iPod and a pair of sunglasses were reported taken from a car parked in the 3000 block of U.S. 61 South.
• Shots were reported fired Tuesday in the area of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and First East Street. Officers responding to the area found no signs of any suspicious activity.