How They Did: Vicksburg’s college and NFL players
Published 6:27 pm Monday, October 14, 2019
A weekly recap of the performances of college football and NFL players from Vicksburg-area high schools in games played over the weekend.
• Southern Miss running back DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) had 182 total yards — 103 rushing and 79 receiving — and scored three touchdowns in a 45-27 win over North Texas.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at left tackle and helped the Golden Eagles gain 563 yards of total offense.
• Tulane linebacker Nick Anderson (Vicksburg High) had three tackles in a 49-7 rout of Connecticut.
• Delta State wide receiver De’Marcus Johnson (Port Gibson) caught two passes for 11 yards in a 34-13 loss to Valdosta State, the top-ranked team in Division II.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started his 20th consecutive game at right guard in a 38-27 loss to Missouri.
• Southeast Missouri State defensive lineman Josh Price (St. Aloysius) had one tackle in a 28-24 loss to Austin Peay.
• Tennessee Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had one tackle and two pass defenses in a 16-0 loss to the Denver Broncos.