How They Did: Vicksburg’s college football and NFL players
Published 6:10 pm Monday, October 21, 2019
A weekly recap of the performances of college football and NFL players from Vicksburg-area high schools.
• Tulane linebacker Nick Anderson (Vicksburg High) had three tackles in a 47-17 loss to Memphis.
• Southern Miss running back DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) returned the opening kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown in a 45-30 loss to Louisiana Tech. Harris also carried the ball five times for three yards, and totaled 30 yards on two other kickoff returns.
Email newsletter signup
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started his 27th consecutive game at left tackle in the loss to Louisiana Tech.
• Middle Tennessee cornerback Chris Stamps (Warren Central) had a team-high eight tackles, one-half tackle for loss, and one interception in a 33-30 loss to North Texas.
• Delta State wide receiver Demarcus Johnson (Port Gibson) caught two passes for two yards in a 14-7 win over West Alabama.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started his 20th consecutive game at right guard in a 24-17 loss to Texas A&M, and helped the Rebels rush for 250 yards.
• Southeast Missouri State defensive lineman Josh Price (St. Aloysius) had two tackles and one sack in a 24-21 win over Jacksonville State.
• Tennessee Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler (Vicksburg High) had six tackles and one pass defense in a 23-20 win over the Los Angeles Chargers.