How They Did: Vicksburg’s college football players
A weekly recap of the performances by college football players from Vicksburg-area high schools:
• Belhaven wide receiver Nick Lauderdale (Central Hinds) caught a 34-yard touchdown pass in a 25-6 win over Sul Ross State. He was also credited with one solo tackle.
• Southern Miss offensive lineman Drake Dorbeck (St. Aloysius) started at left tackle and helped the Golden Eagles rout UAB 37-2.
• Southern Miss running back DeMichael Harris (St. Aloysius) had six carries for 12 yards and caught one pass for minus-1 yard against UAB.
• Ole Miss offensive lineman Ben Brown (St. Aloysius) started his team-leading 22nd consecutive game at right guard and helped the Rebels gain 447 rushing yards and a season-high 606 yards of total offense in a 41-3 demolition of New Mexico State.
• Delta State wide receiver Demarcus Johnson (Port Gibson) caught two passes for 21 yards in a 35-20 win over West Georgia.
• Southeast Missouri State defensive tackle Josh Price (St. Aloysius) had one tackle in a 38-31 win vs. Eastern Kentucky.
Vicksburg High’s soccer teams broke into the win column Saturday by sweeping Greenville in a pair of games at Memorial... read more