Crime reports: Burglars search nine unlocked cars in Glenwood Circle area
Published 5:51 pm Monday, January 27, 2020
Burglars entered nine cars in the Glenwood Circle area Monday, walking away with a laptop computer, according to Vicksburg police.
According to police reports, a Dell laptop was reported taken about 6:29 a.m. from a 2012 Ford pickup parked in the 1600 block of Broadhill Drive. The truck, like the other vehicles broken into, was unlocked, police said.
In other action:
• A Vicksburg woman faces a charge of misdemeanor domestic assault after she reportedly stabbed her son about 8:12 a.m. Monday at a home in the 2600 block of Togo Street.
The woman’s name was withheld pending her appearance in Vicksburg Municipal Court.
• A rifle and wallet were reported taken about 7:09 a.m. Monday from a Ford F-150 parked in the 2400 block of Drummond Street. The vehicle had been left unlocked.
• Shots were reported fired about 2:21 a.m. Sunday in the Elizabeth Circle area. Officers responding to the call found no evidence of shots fired.
• A revolver was reported taken about 2:40 p.m. Sunday from a car parked at the Vicksburg Auditorium. The vehicle was unlocked.
• A handgun, Taser and a wallet were reported taken about 10:20 a.m. Friday from a car parked in the 300 block of Harriet Avenue.
• Shots were reported fired about 9:13 p.m. Friday in the area of Speed and Drummond streets. Officers responding found no evidence of shots fired.
• Shots were reported fired about 9:56 p.m. Friday in the area of Drummond and Division streets. Officers responding found no evidence of shots being fired.
• Cheryl Sanchez, 39, 9120 Bowling Green Road, Durant, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of auto theft. She is accused in the Nov. 19 theft of a 2007 Toyota Yaris from the Circle K, 4888 U.S. 61 South.
She was being held in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
• Latonya Woodland, 45, 1807 Main St., was arrested Thursday on a charge of felony credit card fraud.
She is accused of using a credit card taken from a person she was caring for and using it to purchase items in the city totaling $1,273.
She was released on a $75,000 bond.
• A 2007 Chevrolet Suburban was reported taken about 6:46 a.m. Thursday from the 500 block of Fairground Street.
• A 2019 Dodge Charger SXT was reported taken about 12:33 p.m. Thursday from Blackburn Motor Co., 2175 North Frontage Road.