Third suspect connected to Irene Street shooting arrested
Published 4:36 pm Monday, February 24, 2020
Monday, investigators of the Vicksburg Police Department announced they had made a third arrest in connection to a shooting on Feb. 8 on Irene Street.
Authorities arrested Deontre Smith, 19, of Vicksburg, for his role in the shooting of Sebastian Davis at Davis’ home on Irene Street.
Smith will be housed in the Madison County Jail until his initial appearance in Vicksburg Municipal Count scheduled for Wednesday.
Email newsletter signup
Kenan Kenneth Jackson and Carissa Lashae Branch have also been arrested in connection with this incident.
In other reports:
• Friday, at 8:39 p.m., officers responded to the area of Rosedown and Alma Streets in reference to shots fired in the area. Upon arrival, officers found no evidence of shots being fired.
• On Saturday, at 8:30 p.m. officers responded to El paso Mexican Grill on Pemberton Square Boulevard in reference to shots fired. The complainant reported he caught two juveniles breaking into his car. Both juveniles ran toward the mall and fired three shots as they ran away. Both juveniles were later arrested and are currently in the Warren County Juvenile Detention Center.
• On Sunday, at 3:30 a.m. officers responded to the area of Fayette and Locust Streets in reference to shots fired. Upon arrival, officers found no evidence of shots being fired.
• On Sunday, at 8:16 a.m., officers responded to an address in the 600 block of Belva Drive in reference to an auto burglary. The victim reported someone went into her 2005 Toyota Camry and stole a Tommy Hilfiger Bag containing $600 cash, Social Security cards and birth certificates. The vehicle had been left unlocked.
• On Sunday, at 8:20 a.m., officers responded to Ameristar Casino in reference to a theft. The victim reported someone stole his state tax refund check out of his vehicle.
• On Sunday, at 3:37 p.m., officer responded to the 7000 block of Farmer Street in reference to shots fired. Upon arrival, officers found no evidence of shots being fired.