UMMC to conduct COVID-19 testing Saturday at Pemberton Square Mall
Warren County residents can be tested for COVID-19 on Saturday at a one-day collection site set up by the University of Mississippi Medical Center. The collection site will be set up at Pemberton Square Mall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and appointments must be made ahead of time.
One-day collection sites were previously announced for this week in Neshoba, Pike, Newton, Hinds, Covington, Lafayette, Noxubee and Leake counties. Other sites this week will be in Jefferson, Bolivar, Lowndes and Warren counties.
Testing hours at all of the one-day collection sites are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone can be tested who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat; or who has a known or potential exposure to someone confirmed with the virus.
Mississippians who want to be tested must first complete a free screening from a UMMC clinician through an online questionnaire found at umc.edu/covidscreening. Or, they can call the UMMC Center for Telehealth at 601-496-7200 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Anyone determined to need testing will be given an appointment date and time at the testing site most convenient.
Appointment-only testing has also been offered at the West Street Farmers Market at Woodrow Wilson Avenue in Jackson. One-day sample collections are being offered at selected sites statewide. Testing hours at the West Street Farmers Market are 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
The newest testing sites for Friday, July 17 are:
• Jefferson County: Jefferson County High School, 942 Main St., Fayette
• Bolivar County: Horace McCool Stadium, 1003 W. Sunflower Road, Cleveland
The newest testing sites for Saturday, July 18 are:
• Lowndes County: Lowndes County Soccer Complex, 301 N. Third St., Columbus
• Warren County: Pemberton Square Mall, 3505 Pemberton Square Boulevard, Vicksburg
The previously announced testing sites for Wednesday, July 15:
• Covington County: Covington County Multipurpose Building, 68 Collins Industrial Park Drive, Collins
• Lafayette County: Lafayette County Arena, 70 F.D. Buddy E. Parkway, Oxford
The previously announced testing sites for Thursday, July 16:
• Noxubee County: Noxubee Civic Center, 16291 U.S. 45, Macon
• Leake County: Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians Facility Building, 535 Red Water Road, Carthage (Red Water)
Monday, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. said he was considering a change to the city’s COVID-19 civil emergency order to require... read more