Grand jury indicts Mendenhall man on multiple sex abuse charges
A Mendenhall man has been indicted by the Warren County grand jury on multiple sexual abuse charges involving a relationship with a girl younger than 18.
Jmari Brown, 24, 159 Rose Hill Road, Mendenhall is accused in the multi-count indictment with two counts of enticing a child to meet for sexual purposes, one count of sexual battery of a victim under age 14 and one count of statutory rape of a victim under age 14.
Brown was arrested in June by deputies with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office after a month-long investigation into a complaint.
At the time of his arrest, Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace would not give any details of the investigation, or the number of times Brown and the victim met, but did say the two met after connecting on social media.
Other indictments include:
• James Earl Cole, 51, 326 Lake Hill Drive; statutory rape of a victim under age 14.
• Keandre Deshawn Harris, 19, 108 Foy Circle, two counts of armed carjacking involving separate incidents on Jan. 21 and Dec. 19, 2019, in which he used a gun to take the cars from their owners.
• Eddie Lee Knight, 19, 166 Blue Creek; two counts of enticing a child to meet for sexual purposes involving two children under the age of 18.
• Khristopher Hearron, also known as Khristoffer Hearron, 47, 3113 Washington St., obstruction of justice. He is accused of attempting to swallow cocaine while he was being arrested on a drug charge. Hearron was indicted as a habitual offender because he had two previous felony drug charges.
• Ryan Douglas Engels, 35, 6861 Paxton Road No. 13; fleeing or eluding a law enforcement officer.
• Patrick Chad Caples, 39, 448 Boy Scout Road, non-residential burglary involving the burglary of an insurance agency.
• Angel Brooke Carraway, 37, 549 Warriors Trail, larceny-motor vehicle in the theft of a 2006 Lexus. She was indicted as a habitual offender because she had two previous felony convictions.
• Johnathan Christopher Hendricks, 26, 507 Third St., Delta, La.; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Dywayne Jackson Parson, 46, 1105 Harrison St.; larceny-motor vehicle in the theft of a 2017 Toyota Sienna.
• Edwin Malpica, 27, 929 Warriors Trail; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Vernon Edward Nettles, 37, 2300 Glass Road Lot 18; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Franklin Lamar Barrett, 54, 2032 Millsaps Road, Crystal Springs; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Willie Lee Miles, 36, 2129 Military Ave.; burglary of a dwelling involving the burglary of a house in the 2600 block of Confederate Avenue.
• Kennado Caples, 18, 112 Baylee Court; possession of a stolen firearm.
• Mose Arone Hearron, 39, 1122 First North St.; one count possession of a controlled substance marijuana; one count possession of a stolen firearm; one count possession of a weapon after felony conviction.
• Ruben Kristopher Williams, 28, 4909 Gibson Road; possession of a controlled substance-cocaine.
• Errick Leamont Smith, 37, 205 Winters Lane; possession of controlled substance-cocaine.
• Heather K. Williamson, 40, 102 Tiffany Drive; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Jaquan Burden, 20, 902 Blossom Lane Apt. F10; larceny-motor vehicle involving the theft of a 2015 Ford F-150 truck.
• Joseph Dudley Acuff, 41, 3106 Scott Road; failure to register as a sex offender.
• Charley Lee Brown Jr., 25, 5698 Gibson Road; possession of a controlled substance-marijuana.
For a fourth time, a member of Vicksburg’s medical community is poised to take the top leadership position with the... read more