Grand jury indicts Yazoo City couple connected to May murder
Published 4:12 pm Thursday, November 5, 2020
A Yazoo County couple has been indicted for murder in the May 15 death of a Vicksburg man on Alcorn Drive.
The Warren County grand jury during its October session handed down indictments against Bobby Gene McGee, 26, 306 West 18th St., Yazoo City, and Summer Rena McGee, 21, 328 Grady Ave., Yazoo City, in the shooting death of Moses Luckett at the New Main Apartments on Alcorn Drive.
Summer Rena McGee is accused of shooting Luckett in the chest during an argument.
According to Vicksburg police reports, witnesses told authorities that McGee and a male suspect fled the scene in a white Ford pick-up truck and were later stopped by Yazoo County Sheriff Jacob Sheriff just inside Yazoo County on Highway 3 near Eagle Bend Road.
When Sheriff stopped the vehicle, Bobby Gene McGee ran into the woods, while Summer McGee remained and was taken into custody.
K-9 units with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office and the Yazoo County Sheriff’s Office assisted Vicksburg officers in the search for Bobby McGee, who remains at large.
Summer McGee remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $1 million bond.
Pearl man indicted in 2019 burglary and shooting
In another case, a Pearl man was indicted on multiple counts involving a break-in in which a man was shot.
The four-count indictment charges Dale Armstrong, 41, 3247 Pauline Drive, Pearl, with attempted murder, burglary of a dwelling, shooting into a dwelling-house and possession of a weapon after a felony conviction.
Armstrong is accused of breaking into a home in the 200 block of West Drive and shooting a 49-year-old man in the chest. The assault occurred on Sept. 2, 2019. He was later released on bond.
In other indictments:
• Amy Elizabeth Hearn, 26, 117 Joyce Lane; Damon Pierce Henderson, 30, 4602 Lee Road; Mary Frances Kackley, 32, 2649 Oak Ridge Road; Edwin Malpica, 28, 929 Warrior’s Trail; and Robert Blakley Metzenberg, 32, 2649 Oak Ridge Road; aggravated assault-extreme indifference in the Jan. 7 beating of a man.
Hearn, Kackley and Metzenberg have been released on bond, according to Warren County Jail records. Henderson is at the Mississippi Department of Corrections’ Central Mississippi Corrections Facility, where he is serving a three-year sentence for vehicle theft from Warren County.
Malpica remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
• Tiffany Crutchfield, 23, 132 Meadowbrook Drive; possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.
• Cartez Evans, 22, 1911 Martin Luther King Blvd.; possession of a stolen firearm.
• Horatio Carson, 34, 272 Cedar School Circle; possession of a controlled substance-cocaine, fleeing or eluding a law enforcement officer. He was indicted as a habitual offender.
• Peter Xavier Harris, 26, 2228 Grove St. Apt. D; possession of a controlled substance-marijuana.
• Felicia Ezell, 33, 144 Hurley Drive; two counts of possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine.