Fire reported at Shamrock Apartments

Published 5:20 pm Saturday, January 23, 2021

Hot grease was the cause of a fire that damaged an apartment at the Shamrock Apartments on Belva Drive.

The fire occurred about 5 p.m. Ladder 15 from the Vicksburg Fire Department’s Station 5 on U.S. 61 South responded to the fire, which was reported in an apartment in building three. Everyone in the apartment at the time of the fire made it out safely.¬†

Firefighters reported the fire was out just after 5:20, and other  responding units could cancel.

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletter

Receive daily headlines and obituaries

About John Surratt

John Surratt is a graduate of Louisiana State University with a degree in general studies. He has worked as an editor, reporter and photographer for newspapers in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. He has been a member of The Vicksburg Post staff since 2011 and covers city government. He and his wife attend St. Paul Catholic Church and he is a member of the Port City Kiwanis Club.

email author More by John