How They Did: Vicksburg’s college football players
Published 8:00 am Monday, November 1, 2021
A weekly recap of performances by college football players from Vicksburg-area high schools
• Millsaps linebacker Marquis Tenner (Vicksburg High) had four total tackles and one sack in a 42-32 victory over Sewanee.
• West Alabama offensive lineman Kordell Watts (Vicksburg) started at center and helped the Tigers amass more than 400 yards of offense in a 31-14 victory over North Greenville.
Email newsletter signup
• West Alabama defensive back Lamar Gray (Warren Central) had one tackle against North Greenville.
• Tennessee-Martin offensive lineman Malcolm Miller (Warren Central) started at right tackle in a 17-16 win over Austin Peay.
• Tulane linebacker Nick Anderson (Vicksburg) had five tackles, one pass breakup and one sack in a 31-12 loss to No. 2 Cincinnati.
• Alabama State defensive back Jeffrey Scott (Vicksburg) assisted on one tackle in a 42-28 loss to Alabama A&M.
• Reinhardt University defensive lineman Vertez Shorter (Warren Central) had one tackle in a 63-18 win over St. Andrew’s.
• Southern Miss wide receiver Demarcus Jones (Warren Central) caught one pass for six yards and had one tackle in a 35-10 loss to Middle Tennessee.
• Mississippi Valley State wide receiver Jacory Rankin (Port Gibson) caught four passes for 36 yards in a 28-19 loss to Jackson State.
• Southern University kicker Josh Griffin (Warren Central) kicked off six times and had one touchback in a 38-35 win over Alcorn State.
• Grambling defensive back Myron Stewart (Port Gibson) had five solo tackles in a 26-3 loss to Florida A&M.
• Mississippi College kicker Jance Riley went 4-for-4 on PATs, and also punted six times for a 35.2-yard average in a 63-28 loss to West Florida.
• Louisiana-Monroe defensive back Kevin Jones (Madison Parish) had one solo tackle in a 59-28 loss to Appalachian State.
• Albany State wide receiver Joe Shorter (Warren Central) caught two passes for 20 yards in a 14-10 victory over Morehouse. Shorter also returned two kickoffs for 45 yards.
• Belhaven linebacker Tommy Curtis (Vicksburg) had one solo tackle in a 29-0 loss to Mary Hardin-Baylor.