Man arrested in Haining Road car chase gave police a false name

Published 6:27 pm Thursday, November 9, 2023

After a vehicle and foot chase that began shortly after 11 a.m. Wednesday, two suspects pursued by the Vicksburg Police Department and Warren County Sheriff’s Office appeared in court Thursday afternoon.

Nyshia Daniels, 23, of Farmville, N.C., was taken into custody on North Carolina warrants related to armed robberies. She is currently being held without bond until she has her extradition hearing in Vicksburg Municipal Court.

Appearing before Judge Angela Carpenter, Daniels waived her extradition to North Carolina.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

Daniels was the passenger in a silver 2018 Chevrolet Impala driven by Tyrik Suggs, 26, of Apex, N.C., who fled on foot from the vehicle after it crashed at the dead end of Haining Road. Suggs initially identified himself as Saleik Edwards, of Raleigh, N.C., but VPD determined he gave a false name.

The police department was working in conjunction with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office to apprehend Daniels when she and Suggs fled from an address in the Kings community.

According to sheriff’s office reports, the pair drove down Haining Road to the Port of Vicksburg at more than 100 mph before reaching a dead end and attempting to flee on foot. Daniels was apprehended “almost immediately,” and required medical attention due to an injury sustained either in the crash or subsequent fleeing attempt.

Daniels was transferred to Merit Health River Region for evaluation, which momentarily delayed her booking process at the Warren County Jail.

Suggs was later arrested at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday on Haining Road and faces charges of felony eluding and hindering prosecution. He was not wanted out of North Carolina and his charges stem solely from Wednesday’s incident.

Carpenter gave Suggs a bond of $70,000.