The results are in: Winners in nine categories moving on in Christmas Caroling Contest
Published 6:28 pm Friday, December 1, 2023
More than 50 contestants joined in the preliminaries for the V105.5 Christmas Caroling Contest on Friday.
Three professional judges from the Jackson area judged the performances and the top scores from each division will perform live at the Vicksburg Convention Center on Friday, Dec. 15 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets will be sold at the door and will cost $5 each and children ages 6 and under are free.
Email newsletter signup
Winners in each of the nine divisions include:
- Lower Elementary was Bovina Elementary School singing “Hip Hop Reindeer.”
- Upper Elementary had four top scores. In no particular order, South Park sang “Come All Ye Faithful”, Redwood sang “The Chipmunk Song”, Warren Central Intermediate sang “Jingle ALLLL The Ways” and Porters Chapel sang “Sing We Now.”
- Junior High had four top scores. AOI Southern Synergy Choir sang “Christmas Time Is Here,” Vicksburg Catholic 7th Grade Choir sang “Christmas in About Three Minutes”, AOI 7th Grade Treble Choir sang “What Child?” and Vicksburg Catholic 8th Grade Choir sang “Mary Sat A Rockin.”
- High School had two top scores. Warren Central Total Sound sang “Festive Pat-a-Pan” and Vicksburg Madrigals sang “Ding-a-Ding-a-Ding.”
- The Adult Choir was The Vicksburg Chamber Choir.
- Adult Soloist/Duets had four top scores with Tim Goodson singing “Oh Holy Night,” Doug Spires singing “The Christmas Song,” Duet Celeste Constancio and Andrew Cochran singing “Baby It’s Cold Outside” and Erika Wheeler singing “White Christmas.”
- Young Soloist had two top scores with 6-year-old Skye Denton singing “Born On Christmas Day” and 12-year-old Belle Spires singing “You’re A Mean One Mr. Grinch.”
- Lower Teen Soloist/Duets had four top scores: 15-year-old Laney Hunt sang “Noel,” 14-year-old Zoe Belle Pittman sang “Santa Tell Me,” 15-year-old Cara Gray sang “Merry Christmas Baby” and duet 15-year-old Laney Hunt and 14-year-old Zoe Belle Pittman sang “A Hand For Mrs. Claus.”
- Upper Teen had three top scores: 16-year-old, Jonah Wade sang “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,” 17-year-old Kylie Pitts sang “Let There Be Peace” and 17-year-old Camden Flowers sang “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.”
V105.5 will have a playback show with all participants on Dec. 8 from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. You can listen on the radio on 105.5 FM or stream it on vicksburgradio.com. The live performances will also be recorded and played on the Christmas Playback Show that will air on Dec. 23 beginning at 6 p.m. and will play through Christmas night.